If you need to contact a doctor in an emergency outside normal surgery hours, you should phone the surgery in the normal way and the answer machine will give you the number to call. If you run out of medication and need this urgently outside normal surgery hours you should contact 111 in the same way.
If you require non-life threatening medical support outside of surgery hours, please contact:
- Medicom – 01603 481253 – if your call is between 08:00 and 08:30 Monday to Friday;
- At all other times, including public holidays, dial 111.
- If you require life-threatening assistance, please dial 999.
- Visit the Norwich Walk-in Centre
Walk In Service
The NHS Walk In Service, at Rouen House, Rouen Road, Norwich. NR1 1RB may be accessed, without charge, by anyone entitled to NHS Services whether registered with us, another practice or not NHS registered at all. Foreign visitors to the UK can also be seen but there may be a charge. To use the service you may simply walk in any time we are open. You will be booked onto the Walk In waiting list and will be seen in turn.
for more information please click here: Walk-in Centre Website
The main services they can offer on a walk in basis are:
• Blood pressure checks
• Coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms
• Information on staying healthy and health promotion
• Minor cuts and wounds – dressings and care
• Muscle and joint injuries – strains and sprains
• Skin complaints – rashes, sunburn and headlice
• Stomach ache, indigestion, constipation, vomiting and diarrhoea
• Support for stopping smoking
• Treatment of minor infections
• Women’s health problems, thrush and menstrual advice
Prescriptions are given for appropriate medication for these problems.