Other Information

Services Provided

We aim to provide a full range of general medical services, including home visits for those too ill to attend the surgery, contraceptive advice, maternity services (including home deliveries for suitable cases), child health surveillance, minor surgery and nursing services including nurse-led clinics. The practice is registered for VAT, affecting a limited number of services. VAT will therefore be charged on private prescriptions (not NHS prescriptions), DNA testing, and some licence applications.

Disabled Access

We have full access for disabled patients at both surgeries.

Mobile Phones

For the benefit of the staff and other patients in the surgery, please ensure mobile phones are turned to SILENT mode. Texting and the use of smartphones is allowed but it is requested that all conversations take place outside of the surgery to prevent disruption to other patients.

Staff Protection

A zero tolerance policy towards violent, abusive and threatening behaviour is now in place throughout the National Health Service. The staff in this practice have the right to do their work in an environment free from such behaviour. Everything will be done to protect that right. If you do not respect the rights of our staff we may choose to inform the police and make arrangements for you to be removed from our medical list.

West Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group

The West Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) replaced the PCT in April 2013 and manages and oversees the National Health Service locally. For further information please visit their website www.westnorfolkccg.nhs.uk.

Transport For Hospital Appointments

The NHS can provide free, non-emergency transport to certain patients who are eligible, ie there must be a real medical need and/or severe mobility issues. Call The Patient Transport Clinical Assessment and Advice Centre on 0845 8500774. Lines are open Monday-Friday, 8am-6.30pm and Saturday, 8am-12 midday. Please have your NHS number, details of your GP surgery and hospital clinic and appointment details to hand. You will be asked some questions to verify that you are eligible. If you are not eligible for transport you will be offered advice on alternative options. You can make a booking up to 48 hours in advance of your appointment.

Other Options For Health Care


Ask your local pharmacist for advice about common illnesses.
You can find your local pharmacists on the Local Services page

NHS 111

If you are not sure whether you need a doctor, or need advice or information about any health problem, call NHS 111 for 24-hour advice on 111.

Walk-In Centre

You can go to the NHS Walk-In Centre in Norwich, now located Rouen House, Rouen Road, Norwich. NR1 1RB. There is no need for an appointment. The Walk-In Centre is open 8.00am to 8.00pm every day, including Sundays. Telephone: 01603 677501.


Outside normal working hours contact your own dentist and there will be a message explaining what to do. If you have a dental problem over the weekend/bank holiday and you are not registered with a dentist, ring 0845 600 3246.

Accessing your own Medical Notes

Our practice offers patients the facility to view areas of their records online.  The areas patients will be able to access will include a summary of information relating to their medications, allergies and adverse reactions.  As well as viewing this information, there will be the facility to download and print it.  If patients do require online access to other areas of their record, they will need to speak with the practice to facilitate this.

Summary Care Records

Our practice is providing a daily upload of summary care records for all patients except for those who have signed an ‘opt-out’ form.  If you do not wish to have your information uploaded, then please download an Opt out form or visit the practice to sign an opt-out form for Summary Care Records. For Further details visit: Summary Care Records

Your Data Matters

The NHS wants to make sure you and your family have the best care now and in the future. Your health and adult social care information supports your individual care. It also helps us to research, plan and improve health and care services in England.

There are very strict rules on how this data can and cannot be used, and you have clear data rights. We are committed to keeping patient information safe and will always be clear on how it is used.

You can choose whether or not your confidential patient information is used for research and planning.

Click here for the leaflet – NHS Data opt out Leaflet

For more information and to opt out, please click here – Your NHS Data Matters

GP2GP Record Transfer

In line with the new GMS GP contract, the practice participates in the electronic transfer of your medical records between registered doctors using the GP2GP system.  This enable instant transfer of your medical records from your current GP to your new registered GP, without incuring the delay which results from the transfer of paper notes.  Your paper notes will still transfer with you and will be held either at your new registered practice or by NHS England’s Patient Services team.

How to make a complaint

If you have a complaint about the service you have received from the Practice or a member of staff, please let us know.  The  Practice operates a Complaints Procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints our complaints system meets the national criteria. You can either raise your complaint either with the surgery itself or if you feel you can not do this, you can contact NHS England (Details below), but you can not do both.

How to complain to the surgery

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks.  This will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

  • Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem, or
  • Within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months of the incident.

Complaints should be addressed to our Practice Manager, or any of the Doctors.  Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with the Practice Manager in order to discuss your concerns.  She will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.  It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.

The Plowright Complaint Leaflet  ComplaintsCommentsLeaflet 2017

Complaint Guidance Leaflet  Complaint Guidance Leaflet

What we shall do

We shall acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days.  The NHS complaints regulations do not require complaints to be investigated within a set timescale but instead we will agree an individual timescale with you and the services involved.  This will depend on what your complaint is about and how complex it is.  We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved.  When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong;
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this;
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.

Complaining on behalf of someone else.

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf to someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so.  A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Who else may you complain to?

We hope that, if you have a problem, you will use our Practice Complaints Procedure.  We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice.  But this does not affect your right to approach people outside the Practice, if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us.

You should contact the Complaints Manager at NHS England

Please contact:

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

[email protected]

Please state: ‘For the attention of the complaints manager’ in the subject line.

What do i do if I am unhappy with the outcome of my complaint?

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint from the surgery or NHS England, you should contact the Ombudsman and request they investigate the complaint.